Using our Shopmobility powered vehicles
Don’t forget that shopping centres can be very crowded places and consideration needs to be given at all times to other pedestrians.
This list is not comprehensive but will help make Shopmobility a good experience for everyone.
- Always keep the speed reduced when in busy or confined areas.
- Be courteous and show consideration for other users of the town/shopping centre. Remember that pedestrians often stop suddenly and you may not be able to stop as quickly, so reduce your speed and keep your distance.
- Always follow the special instructions given to you by the Shopmobility scheme about the use of your vehicle.
- Reduce your speed when turning corners.
- When leaving the vehicle unattended, ALWAYS take the key with you and try to leave it where it won’t inconvenience others.
- Use a dropped kerbside whenever possible and, when climbing the kerbside, approach them at right angles.
- Never let anyone else use the scooter issued to you.
NEVER let anyone ride on your vehicle with you, no matter how small they are, it upsets the balance of the vehicle, which could result in a preventable accident.
Being a member of the Shopmobility scheme means we agree to abide by the British Healthcare Trades Association’s Code of Practice the only Code in the healthcare industry authorised by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. You can read the CODE HERE you can be sure of receiving a high standard of service from us and if you are dissatisfied in anyway you can contact the NFSUK here. We want to ensure all our members are happy with our service.
Finally, if you do have an accident of any sort please inform us as soon as possible so we can offer any support you might need. We will also need to give the vehicle a safety check before somebody else uses it and take any other action which may be required.