Revisit some of the most dramatic events of the 20th century! This remarkable volume takes a retrospective look at the most memorable moments from the 20th century and brings them to life. Written in the style of a newspaper and complemented by stunning contemporary photographs, The 20th Century Year By Year details the major stories from the first to the last days of the century, including:
– When Shirley Temple became the youngest-ever Oscar winner
– The assassination of President John F. Kennedy
– The fall of the Berlin Wall
– Apollo 13’s safe return to Earth
– And much, much more! Offering both useful historical information for the student and fascinating facts for the casual browser, this unique book belongs in every collection.